This program is for anyone who wants to be self-sufficient for their health, a community healer, or have a public practice as an herbalist.
We will focus on constitutional diagnosis and holistic treatment including tonic herbs, food and lifestyle. You will also learn how to do as much as possible yourself, such as identifying and ethically gathering plants as well as making high-quality extracts and preparations.
This course is appropriate both for committed beginners and for those who have already begun their studies. Our goal is to give you all the tools you need to go beyond treating symptoms and use diagnostic skills and knowledge about specific plants to treat at a deep level.
Holistic herbal medicine is a beautiful art, combining plant wisdom, intuitive and scientific diagnosis and skillful treatment.
“I just wanted to let you know what a life-changing experience being in your herbal school has been for me. You told me so. You said, “Beka, it will change you.” Well, it did. Forever. Thank you from my heart.”
– Rebekah Dey, Class of 2018
What You’ll Learn
- A deep knowledge and understanding of over 80 herbs
- Wild plant identification using a technical botany book
- Sustainable and ethical plant harvesting, including tool use and hands-on experience
- Basic understanding of Chinese medicine.
- Basic clinical skills, including how to talk to clients and create an herbal formula
- Solid understanding of the 12 major body systems and how herbs can affect them
- Making herbal preparations, including tinctures, teas, oils, salves, vinegars, and more
- Introduction to Ayurvedic medicine
- Herbal First Aid, including assessment and treatment
- Soil knife/hori hori
- 10X – 16X loupe (hand-held magnifying lens)
- Textbooks (~$170)
- Field trip camping supplies and travel funds
- Note! You’ll want to set aside at least $200 for medicine making supplies that you’ll do in your own time (outside of class)
Apply for the Holistic Herbalism Program
Registration is open. Complete your application form and pay the application fee using the links below.
Hours = 425
April 10, 2023 – October 17, 2023
Monday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Application Deadline: March 15
$100 application fee (Non-refundable & does not go towards total tuition)
$475 deposit (Non-refundable & goes towards total tuition)
Early Bird Discount: $4,750 (if paid before January 1, 2023)
Regular Price: $4,950 (if paid after January 1, due March 28, 2023)
Payment plans available with an additional $200
SPECIAL NOTE: We are currently offering 10% off tuition to all of our BIPOC students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this!
CLASS SIZE LIMITED TO 22
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- More than 3 weeks before the first day of class and has already paid their full tuition, will receive a refund of their full tuition minus their deposit.
- Within the first 21 days of the first day of class, will receive a 75% refund of their tuition, minus their deposit.
- Within the first 21 days of the start of class, will receive a 50% refund of their tuition, minus their deposit
- After 21 days of class, will not be provided a refund.
- Please note that we will not offer refunds due to COVID-19. If you are nervous about meeting in-person, this may not be the best program for you.