This program is for anyone who wants to be self-sufficient for their health, a community healer, or have a public practice as an herbalist.
We will focus on constitutional diagnosis and holistic treatment including tonic herbs, food and lifestyle. You will also learn how to do as much as possible yourself, such as identifying and ethically gathering plants as well as making high-quality extracts and preparations.
This course is appropriate both for committed beginners and for those who have already begun their studies. Our goal is to give you all the tools you need to go beyond treating symptoms and use diagnostic skills and knowledge about specific plants to treat at a deep level.
Holistic herbal medicine is a beautiful art, combining plant wisdom, intuitive and scientific diagnosis and skillful treatment.
COVID-19 Update: As of 4/2/2020, we are holding classes online until further notice. Once it is safe to meet in person again, our classes will resume to it’s normal programming. In the meantime, if you have any questions, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns you might have. Stay safe and be well.
“I just wanted to let you know what a life-changing experience being in your herbal school has been for me. You told me so. You said, “Beka, it will change you.” Well, it did. Forever. Thank you from my heart.”
– Rebekah Dey, Class of 2018
What You’ll Learn
- A deep knowledge and understanding of over 80 herbs
- An introduction to an additional 200 plus medicinal plants
- Wild plant identification using a technical botany book
- Sustainable and ethical plant harvesting, including tool use and hands-on experience
- Basic understanding of Chinese medicine and basic diagnostics such as Chinese pulse and tongue assessment
- Basic clinical skills, including how to talk to clients and create an herbal formula
- Solid understanding of the 12 major body systems and how herbs can affect them
- Making herbal preparations, including tinctures, teas, oils, salves, vinegars and more
- Introduction to Ayurvedic medicine
- Herbal First, including assessment and treatment
- Soil knife
- 10X – 16X loupe (hand-held magnifying lens)
- Textbooks (~$170)
- Field trip travel funds
Apply for the Holistic Herbalism Program
Registration is open. Complete your application form and pay the application fee using the links below.
Hours = 425
April 13, 2020 – October 20, 2020
Monday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 4 PM
- 5/18-22: Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest
- 8/1o-14: Mt. Pisgah
- 9/28-10/2: Hostel in the Forest
Application Deadline: March 1st
$100 application fee (Non-refundable & does not go towards total tuition)
$400 deposit (Non-refundable & goes towards total tuition)
Early Bird Discount: $4,200 (if paid before January 1, 2020)
Regular Price: $4,400 (if paid after January 1, due March 15, 2020)
Payment plans available with additional $200
SPECIAL NOTE: We are currently offering 20% off tuition to all of our BIPOC students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this!
CLASS SIZE LIMITED TO 22
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- Before the first day of class and has already paid their full tuition, will receive a refund of their full tuition minus their deposit.
- Within the first 21 days of class, will receive a 50% refund of their tuition, minus their deposit.
- After 21 days of class, will not be provided a refund.
Error: There is no connected account for the user 1356696644 Feed will not update.