This program is for anyone who wants to be self-sufficient for their health, a community healer, or have a public practice as an herbalist.
We will focus on constitutional diagnosis and holistic treatment including tonic herbs, food and lifestyle. You will also learn how to do as much as possible yourself, such as identifying and ethically gathering plants as well as making high-quality extracts and preparations.
This course is appropriate both for committed beginners and for those who have already begun their studies. Our goal is to give you all the tools you need to go beyond treating symptoms and use diagnostic skills and knowledge about specific plants to treat at a deep level.
Holistic herbal medicine is a beautiful art, combining plant wisdom, intuitive and scientific diagnosis and skillful treatment.
“I just wanted to let you know what a life-changing experience being in your herbal school has been for me. You told me so. You said, “Beka, it will change you.” Well, it did. Forever. Thank you from my heart.”
– Rebekah Dey, Class of 2018
What You’ll Learn
- A deep knowledge and understanding of over 80 herbs
- An introduction to an additional 200 plus medicinal plants
- Wild plant identification using a technical botany book
- Sustainable and ethical plant harvesting, including tool use and hands-on experience
- Basic understanding of Chinese medicine and basic diagnostics such as Chinese pulse and tongue assessment
- Basic clinical skills, including how to talk to clients and create an herbal formula
- Solid understanding of the 12 major body systems and how herbs can affect them
- Making herbal preparations, including tinctures, teas, oils, salves, vinegars, and more
- Introduction to Ayurvedic medicine
- Herbal First Aid, including assessment and treatment
- Soil knife
- 10X – 16X loupe (hand-held magnifying lens)
- Textbooks (~$170)
- Field trip travel funds
Apply for the Holistic Herbalism Program
Registration is open. Complete your application form and pay the application fee using the links below.
Hours = 425
April 12, 2021 – October 19, 2021
Monday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Application Deadline: March 15
$100 application fee (Non-refundable & does not go towards total tuition)
$400 deposit (Non-refundable & goes towards total tuition)
Early Bird Discount: $4,200 (if paid before January 1, 2021)
Regular Price: $4,400 (if paid after January 1, due April 1, 2021)
Payment plans available with an additional $200
SPECIAL NOTE: We are currently offering 10% off tuition to all of our BIPOC students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this!
CLASS SIZE LIMITED TO 16
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- Before the first day of class and has already paid their full tuition, will receive a refund of their full tuition minus their deposit.
- Within the first 21 days of class, will receive a 50% refund of their tuition, minus their deposit.
- After 21 days of class, will not be provided a refund.
- Please note that we will not offer refunds due to COVID-19. We have created a safe, covered, outdoor learning environment. If you are nervous about meeting in-person with a mask, this may not be the best program for you.