Wild Medicine Intensives
When you learn about the wild plants, you start seeing the world with new eyes – there is food, medicine, and healing all around, whether you’re in the woods or in the city. See what the wild plants can offer and learn how to identify, harvest and make food and medicine with them.
There will be three series – Spring, Summer and Fall.
During this program, you’ll spend one day each week visiting beautiful and diverse locations, from rich woods to high mountain balds. We will learn how to recognize different plant communities and what the individual plants can offer us. We’ll also harvest plants and make our own herbal medicine and wild food dishes. Our focus will be on medicinal plants as well as edible plants, mushrooms and nature awareness.
“There is so much to be gained from this school. From meaningful friendships and excellent teachers to a deeper understanding of the world and plants around me, not to mention my own body. I graduated the program with a deep well of knowledge and a grateful heart for all I learned through this course.”
– Anonymous Student
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify plants and what to look for to tell plants apart
- Identify lookalikes and poisonous plants
- The top ten plant families in our area
- Ethics of harvesting in the wild
- When to gather each plant for best results
- Sustainable wildcrafting techniques
- Best harvesting tools
- Tinctures, infused vinegars, succuses, infused oils and more with different preparations for each season
- Wild foods preparation
- How to use plants for healing
- Plants that are helpful for many different conditions – cough, colds, digestive issues, pain, first aid, stress, depression, menstrual cramps and more
- Nutritional value of wild plants
- See the natural world with new eyes
- Connect directly with the plants
- Go beyond the “Green Wall”
The Mountain Experience
- Spend time in the deep woods
- Explore different ecosystems
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, meadows, mountains and more
Register for Wild Medicine Intensive
Registration is open for both upcoming Wild Medicine Intensives, June 12 – July 17, and August 21 – September 25.
Spring Series: April 10 – May 15
Summer Series: June 12 – July 17
Fall Series: Aug 21 – Sept 25
6 Weeks / Every Wednesday
Wednesday 9 AM – 5 PM
Spring: Spring tonics, plant identification and wild foods
Summer: Plant medicine
Fall: Tree identification and root medicines
Application Deadline: We accept applications until class is full
$100 deposit (Non-refundable & goes towards total tuition)
$399 per series (Due upon registration)
We cannot hold your spot if you have not paid. Contact us about payment plans.
5% off for two series
10% off for three series
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- Before two weeks prior to first day of class will receive 50% of their tuition and 50% towards class credit.
- Within two weeks prior to first day of class, will receive full tuition class credit minus the deposit.
- After the first day of class, will not be provided a refund.