Wild Medicine Internship
Registrations are now closed as the Fall “Wild Medicine Internship” is now full. We will be starting a waitlist for those interested.
When you learn about the wild plants, you start seeing the world with new eyes – there is food, medicine, and healing all around, whether you’re in the woods or in the city. See what the wild plants can offer and learn how to identify, harvest and make food and medicine with them.
During this internship, you’ll spend one day each week visiting beautiful and diverse locations, from rich woods to high mountain balds. We will learn how to recognize different plant communities and what the individual plants can offer us. We’ll also harvest plants and make our own herbal medicine and wild food dishes. Our focus will be on medicinal plants primarily but will also cover edible plants, mushrooms and nature awareness. This program is limited to 12 students for a more intimate experience.
“There is so much to be gained from this school. From meaningful friendships and excellent teachers to a deeper understanding of the world and plants around me, not to mention my own body. I graduated the program with a deep well of knowledge and a grateful heart for all I learned through this course.”
– Anonymous Student
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify plants and what to look for to tell plants apart
- Identify lookalikes and poisonous plants
- The top ten plant families in our area
- Ethics of harvesting in the wild
- When to gather each plant for best results
- Sustainable wildcrafting techniques
- Best harvesting tools
- Tinctures, infused vinegars, succuses, infused oils and more with different preparations for each season
- Wild foods preparation
- How to use plants for healing
- Plants that are helpful for many different conditions – cough, colds, digestive issues, pain, first aid, stress, depression, menstrual cramps and more
- Nutritional value of wild plants
- See the natural world with new eyes
- Connect directly with the plants
- Go beyond the “Green Wall”
The Mountain Experience
- Spend time in the deep woods
- Explore different ecosystems
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, meadows, mountains and more
Registration for the Spring and Fall Wild Medicine Internships is now CLOSED!! You can fill out the Notification Form below to be notified when applications open.
Summer / Fall Series:
August 27, September 3, 10, 17
Every Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
Spring & Summer Series:
Wild foods, leaf and flower herbal medicines, spring ephemerals, plant families, edible mushrooms, harvesting aboveground plants and medicinal barks, making medicine (tinctures, oils, flower essences)
Summer & Fall Series:
Plant and tree identification, leaf and root herbal medicines, edible fruits and nuts, plant families, harvesting leaves and roots, making medicinal preparations (tinctures, oils, syrups)
Application Deadline: We accept applications until class is full
$300 per series (Due upon registration)
We cannot hold your spot if you have not paid. Contact us about payment plans.
Equity Seats // $240 (20% off)
We offer partial equity seats to Black, Indigenous and people of color. If this is how you identify, feel free to fill out the registration form and email email@example.com for a payment link.
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- Before two weeks prior to first day of class will receive 50% of their tuition and 50% towards class credit.
- Within two weeks prior to first day of class, we are not able to offer a refund or class credit.