Wild Medicine Internship
When you learn about the wild plants, you start seeing the world with new eyes – there is food, medicine, and healing all around, whether you’re in the woods or in the city. See what the wild plants can offer and learn how to identify, harvest and make food and medicine with them.
During this internship, you’ll spend one day each week visiting beautiful and diverse locations, from rich woods to high mountain balds. We will learn how to recognize different plant communities and what the individual plants can offer us. We’ll also harvest plants and make our own herbal medicine and wild food dishes. Our focus will be on medicinal plants as well as edible plants, mushrooms and nature awareness. NOTE — this program is limited to 8 students for a more intimate experience.
“There is so much to be gained from this school. From meaningful friendships and excellent teachers to a deeper understanding of the world and plants around me, not to mention my own body. I graduated the program with a deep well of knowledge and a grateful heart for all I learned through this course.”
– Anonymous Student
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify plants and what to look for to tell plants apart
- Identify lookalikes and poisonous plants
- The top ten plant families in our area
- Ethics of harvesting in the wild
- When to gather each plant for best results
- Sustainable wildcrafting techniques
- Best harvesting tools
- Tinctures, infused vinegars, succuses, infused oils and more with different preparations for each season
- Wild foods preparation
- How to use plants for healing
- Plants that are helpful for many different conditions – cough, colds, digestive issues, pain, first aid, stress, depression, menstrual cramps and more
- Nutritional value of wild plants
- See the natural world with new eyes
- Connect directly with the plants
- Go beyond the “Green Wall”
The Mountain Experience
- Spend time in the deep woods
- Explore different ecosystems
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, meadows, mountains and more
Register for Wild Medicine Internships
Registration will open in Summer 2020
6 Weeks / Every Saturday
Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM
Spring: Spring tonics, plant identification and wild foods
Summer: Plant medicine
Fall: Tree identification and root medicines
Application Deadline: We accept applications until class is full
$399 per series (Due upon registration)
We cannot hold your spot if you have not paid. Contact us about payment plans.
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- Before two weeks prior to first day of class will receive 50% of their tuition and 50% towards class credit.
- Within two weeks prior to first day of class, we are not able to offer a refund or class credit.
Error: There is no connected account for the user 1356696644 Feed will not update.