Wild Medicine Internship
The Wild Medicine Internship for Fall 2023 is now full. If interested in 2024 programs, please use the form below to be notified when registration opens again.
When you learn about the wild plants, you start seeing the world with new eyes – there is food, medicine, and healing all around, whether you’re in the woods or in the city. See what the wild plants can offer and learn how to identify, harvest and make food and medicine with them.
During this internship, you’ll spend one day each week visiting beautiful and diverse locations, from rich woods to high mountain balds. We will learn how to recognize different plant communities and what the individual plants can offer us. We’ll also harvest plants and make our own herbal medicine and wild food dishes. Our focus will be on medicinal plants primarily but will also cover edible plants, mushrooms and nature awareness. This program is limited to 12 students for a more intimate experience.
“There is so much to be gained from this school. From meaningful friendships and excellent teachers to a deeper understanding of the world and plants around me, not to mention my own body. I graduated the program with a deep well of knowledge and a grateful heart for all I learned through this course.”
– Anonymous Student
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify plants and what to look for to tell plants apart
- Identify lookalikes and poisonous plants
- The top ten plant families in our area
- Ethics of harvesting in the wild
- When to gather each plant for best results
- Sustainable wildcrafting techniques
- Best harvesting tools
- Tinctures, infused vinegars, succuses, infused oils and more with different preparations for each season
- Wild foods preparation
- How to use plants for healing
- Plants that are helpful for many different conditions – cough, colds, digestive issues, pain, first aid, stress, depression, menstrual cramps and more
- Nutritional value of wild plants
- See the natural world with new eyes
- Connect directly with the plants
- Go beyond the “Green Wall”
The Mountain Experience
- Spend time in the deep woods
- Explore different ecosystems
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, meadows, mountains and more
Two spots just opened for the Fall 2023 Internships ?
Please note that these classes fill up fast. You can also let us know on this form if you are interested in the 2024 Wild Medicine Internships.
2024 Dates TBD
2023 Dates ?
2023 Spring/Summer Series:
2023 Summer/Fall Series: Full!
August 19, 26, September 2, 9
Every Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
Spring & Summer Series:
Wild foods, leaf and flower herbal medicines, spring ephemerals, plant families, edible mushrooms, harvesting aboveground plants and medicinal barks, making medicine (tinctures, oils, flower essences)
Plant and tree identification, leaf and root herbal medicines, edible fruits and nuts, plant families, harvesting leaves and roots, making medicinal preparations (tinctures, oils, syrups)
Application Deadline: We accept applications until class is full
$300 per series (Due upon registration)
We cannot hold your spot if you have not paid. Contact us about payment plans.
Equity Seats // $240 (20% off)
We offer partial equity seats to Black, Indigenous and people of color. If this is how you identify, feel free to fill out the registration form and email JJ.BRSHM@gmail.com for a payment link.
Any student who chooses to withdraw…
- Before two weeks prior to first day of class will receive 50% of their tuition.
- Within two weeks prior to first day of class, we are not able to offer a refund or class credit.
Blending Western herbalism and Chinese medicine with a focus on local plants
Check out our extracts @pinesherbals